To promote and advance the breeding, husbandry and fleece potential of alpacas.
To provide assistance to members owning and breeding alpacas.
To establish an international standard stud register.
We at AABA have a vision that says that as long as AABA remains level-headed, committed to measurable results, focussed on the needs of members, and basically being receptive, AABA will succeed.
To (firstly a viable and then) a thriving industry.
AABA’s Mission Statement
The Australasian Alpaca Breeders Association is dedicated to:
• bringing together people interested in alpacas and all other camelids (including vicuña, guanaco, llama and camel), for the purposes of breeding, fleece production and uses of camelid fleece
• fostering and promoting a viable alpaca and camelid industry around the world
• promoting public awareness and appreciation of the alpaca and camelid
• liaising with government, statutory and allied industry bodies on matters affecting alpaca and camelid welfare and other related activities
• educating the membership on the care and breeding of the alpaca and camelid
• encouraging husbandry and breeding practices based upon, but not limited to, herd health, overall soundness and fleece production
• encouraging innovation in the use of alpaca and camelid fleece by industry and those with a craft interest
• maintaining a world standard Register via an online electronic database
• representing our members with honesty and integrity
• the manufacture and marketing of alpaca products, the industries associated with those activities, and members’ interests generally
• obtaining information on all aspects of the alpaca industry for dissemination to those engaged or interested in the industry
• establishing codes of ethics in respect of members’ alpaca or camelid-related activities
• conducting (alone or in co-operation with other companies, agricultural societies or associations) field days, shows, exhibitions, competitions, sales and seminars dealing with alpacas and alpaca products
• advancing the association financially and in public esteem
• encouraging and promoting ventures and research of benefit to the alpaca industry
• encouraging members to plant trees on their properties and to promote environmentally sustainable practice